I'm thinking maybe I should quit...

People quit at things because they become discouraged.

So if this is the case, maybe I really need to pay attention to what THEY are doing and saying and thinking instead of working towards my dreams as I have been.

Maybe the voices that pop into my own head at times are right; "I'll never get there", "Those guys are way better at ____ than me", "Maybe my goals are to big", "I don't know who else to talk to", "It's taking too long", "I hate picking up the phone", "Do people really get how much I want awesomeness for them, or should I just keep it to myself"
 
Maybe I should just quit because I have people around me who quit because they become discouraged.  Do I follow the quitters? 
 

If I quit because someone else quits, it seems like that might be the easier path.  I wouldn't have the emotional connection anymore that's for sure.  I'm thinking I could settle for average, for what I had before I began living on purpose.  Most people do just that afterall.  Why be different.  Why try to MAKE a difference.  Who do I think I am to think that I deserve to live without limits?  If the majority of others are just going to give up because they get discouraged, why should I continue?
 
The truth is, I am NO DIFFERENT than anyone else.
 

To do nothing is a choice.
 
It is not easier for me.  I question, I doubt, I waiver, I stumble.

But what has become evident is that success is about CHOOSING to believe.  DECIDING to persevere.  Getting up after a fall.  Continuing to go on, TRUSTING that the choice and decision and resiliency will lead to achieving goals. There is ALWAYS a choice.
 

I continue to learn.  And grow, and do my best, and take risks, and move on.  I surround myself with the evidence that SUPPORTS what I want vs. believing all those who quit to soon.
I strive proudly towards my goals and ask for help, and remain curious and  coachable, and stay committed, and surround myself with mentors, and listen to the people who believe in me, despite my own discouragement.

I am no different than a quitter, other than the fact that I CHOOSE not to.  Of course I will not quit.  I will NEVER quit.  I will never stop believing in the power of collective effort and the leverage we have and the amazing lives we are creating.  

MAKE PEOPLE'S LIVE BETTER. 
Start with helping just one other person to have a better life because in the process two will improve.  Join the quitters or join the winners.  Its a decision you can make every moment of every day if necessary.  It's always your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment